Headlines News :
Home » » Welcome to my Sewing Room

Welcome to my Sewing Room

Written By Unknown on Monday, September 26, 2011 | 4:53 PM

I was really inspired today after seeing someone else posting photos of their wardrobe holding their costumes. I always love seeing how other folks store and display their costumes and projects. And I get some ideas from them sometimes.
This is the right half of my closet in my sewing room. It has two shelves above for extra storage. My gowns are really packed in there, and right now I can't even slide a piece of paper between them.
I started hanging the overflow on a storage rack outside my closet, and it still has room for some more. It also holds my big floofy petticoats, bustles, and an elliptical hoop.  
So here we have my entire wardrobe. I counted 21 gowns. I have a plastic tub that holds my underpinnings.
On the left side of my closet (yes, it's a big one!) is all shelves for my fabrics. I have them folded around cardboard bolts from JoAnn's Fabrics that they just throw away and are happy to give me.

On top of my computer desk opposite is my hat collection. Each box has a small photo of the hats inside which makes it SOOO much easier to find a particular hat. I tried having them listed but it took so long to read the lists. A quick glance finds me the hat I'm looking for. They reach the ceiling so I have no more room to go up.
On the opposite side of the room are my shelves that hold my costume books. I've been told by a friend that she is bequeathing me her entire library of costume books, so I'm afraid some reorganizing is going to be needed soon.

This is how I store my patterns, in large see-through tubs under my sewing table. The smaller one holds all my ribbons, & I have another that holds my laces. Each tub is labeled with the pattern companies stored inside them. I have four altogether.

I showed you mine. Let's see your's now!

Share this post :

Post a Comment

 
Support : About | Contact Us | Disclaimer | Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2011. Fashion - Sport News Daily - All Rights Reserved