Headlines News :
Home » » I got a Duchie award!

I got a Duchie award!

Written By Unknown on Wednesday, November 23, 2011 | 7:31 PM

I remember awhile back Lauren of Wearing History  nominated me for one of these but I had no idea what it was, or if it was something I would be notified later that I had won. Whatever that was.
Today I was awarded a Duchie by Nabby at This Old Life and it came with some explanations. Her reason for awarding me was "I love all of her beautiful creations! Plus, according to her latest post, she is getting ready to make some dresses from my favorite era; I can't wait to see what she comes up with!"
I feel really honored and flattered that she would pass this on to me. And Nabby, I hope I live up to your expectations as I try out vintage costuming. I struggle through everything I make, and fudge alot. Fortunately most people never see that. Since your blog is on the 1930s, I'm sure I'll be visting you a lot more now.
And Lauren, if I was amiss with your nomination, I'm sorry. Thank you.
So, the rules of the game are: 
 “When you receive a Duchie Award, post on your blog (in any order)":
---Five things you love about historical costuming/wearing vintage clothing.
---Three (or more) blogs to pass the Duchie Award onto.
---A link back to the blog who awarded you the Duchie.
************************************************ 
1. I love how pretty my historical clothing looks. My entire career was spent wearing uniforms & no jewelry, and to be able to dress in things this beautiful makes me feel amazing.
2. I love the creative process of making my costumes. Doing the research on each era, finding pictures of gowns that give me ideas and inspire me to greater challenges is a big part of it. And digging around antique shows and shops for old accessories I can add to make my clothing more authentic is a lot of fun.
3. I love how getting into costuming has expanded my world to include so many new people and other wonderfully creative friends.
4. I also love how people react to me wearing historical clothing. I'm treated so differently and love the compliments I get.

5. And finally, I really enjoy being able to share what I learn, and passing it on to a new generation.
PS., I still love hearing the "Yo baby!" from the young man on seeing me wearing my bustle gown at the gas pump. :)

Thank you, Nabby. You made my day.
And now to find 3 of my favorite blogs to spread the joy.
I just found my first one. I've been enjoying reading Mary's posts at An Historical Lady because I love how she makes and wears her costumes, and lives the life of an historical lady. She lives in a 230 year old house and its decorated beautifully. Mary is a delightful and courteous lady that fits her style so successfully. I'm happy to pass on this award to her.

Share this post :

Post a Comment

 
Support : About | Contact Us | Disclaimer | Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2011. Fashion - Sport News Daily - All Rights Reserved