Headlines News :
Home » , » Part 4 of the Nadia interviews & An Update

Part 4 of the Nadia interviews & An Update

Written By Unknown on Thursday, February 28, 2013 | 5:23 PM

Part 4 of the interview of me on the Goose Mother blog just went up. Not sure how much longer this will be, but she keeps coming up with more questions. Goose Mother Blog

I've just started a new project making my 1878 gown for a fashion show in May. Our theme is women's leisure arts and sports & I'll be portraying a lady photographer. I found this photo to use as my inspiration and will have an antique camera to carry around and "take photos" with as I walk around the tables. 

I already had in my mind a blue and white checked fabric I wanted to use for the bodice and overskirt, using Truly Victorian's #428-1880 Jacket Bodice and #324-1878 Long Draped Overskirt. 

I lucked out in my search at my second stop at JoAnn's Fabrics and found a cotton homespun fabric that fit the bill. And I got it for 40% off with my coupon. Then I needed something for the skirt. Solid blue or cream just wasn't doing it for me but my friend Cindy suggested a copper or burnt orange color. On an impromtu trip up to the Garment District on a holiday I found the perfect weight and color fabric for it at Home Fabrics for $2.49 yd. 
Also while shopping elsewhere at L.A. Alex, I bought some suitweight stripped poly fabric to make a couple 'teens dresses. One, a navy blue stripped, was $2.49 yd, and the other, a brown stripped, that was a little heavier and felt more like wool was $1.49 yd. I accidently had them cut another $2.49 piece from the rolls on the wall that I thought was brown but when I turned around to look at it after it was cut, it was an olive green. Oops.  So I'm going to try and resell that 5 yd piece to someone who might also like to make one of these dresses out of it. 
I went to a sewing workshop put on by Shelley Peters last weekend so I could get my mockup fitted on me. It took most of the day, and I made some stupid mistakes, like cutting the same size pattern out after I was supposed to cut a larger one but by the time I left, I had a mockup that fitted and I've been watching all the reruns of Dr Who and getting the fabric pieces flatlined and sewn together.
BTW, did you know the Face of Boaz was actually Capt Jack Harkness? :O Wow, did that blow me away!   
Share this post :

Post a Comment

 
Support : About | Contact Us | Disclaimer | Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2011. Fashion - Sport News Daily - All Rights Reserved